- John started Advisor Growth Strategies to do what he loves professionally - help business owners advance their financial advisory firms. His professional goal is to improve business management within the wealth management industry. Since the inception of Advisor Growth, John has worked with over 250 firms representing $300+ billion in investable assets. AGS has been trusted to help with some of the most important strategic decisions in the lifecycle of advisory including structuring new entities, optimizing business performance, and transaction advisory.
- In addition to working with clients, John spends his time collaborating with the industry’s brightest minds to advance the wealth management profession. He conceptualized and created aRIA (alliance for Registered Advisors), a think tank made up of seven of the most successful industry firms dedicated to improve the RIA industry through a culture of continuous learning and sharing. Learn more about aRIA at a conference or by reading an industry report.
- As a recognized thought leader, John has written dozens of research papers and whitepapers. John has contributed commentary to many financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, Barron’s, RIABiz, Financial-Planning, Think Advisor, CityWire and Financial Advisor. He is also invited regularly to speak at the major financial conferences in the industry including Barron’s, all major asset custodians, and FPA. John was recognized as one of the 25 Most Influential People in Wealth Management (the IA25). John has also been invited to speak about the future of the industry with various boards and industry organizations.
- On a personal note, traveling with his wife Julie and adding to his wine collection are a few of the ways in which he rejuvenates. John also loves watching his two sons play competitive soccer and enjoys round of golf (the boys are quickly catching up to his handicap)! John keeps an eye on various sports in town, especially Arizona State and frequently gives back to schools, church, and various local charities.
- Brandon is intimately involved with client engagements and thought leadership. He is tasked with bringing insight, creativity, and analytical know-how to collaborate with and help our clients reach new heights.
- Brandon enjoys writing about his industry learnings and identifying trends in the industry, especially all things millennial.
- Brandon resides in Phoenix and, thus, always roots for the Sun Devils. Brandon will always be a Californian at heart. He enjoys spending quality time with his wife, Kristi, and chasing his two young daughters and young son.
- A former New York Mets baseball player, Brandon never misses watching a game. He also enjoys water sports, traveling with his family, and a well-crafted microbrew.
- Alex uses his passion for data to help drive innovative solutions for clients. His background is in financial technology, and he strives to provide meaningful insights by applying and adjusting established models with a fresh perspective.
- He specialized in the study of collaboration, information management, and creativity at the School of Human Evolution and Social Change while completing his B.S. in Mathematics at Arizona State University. Alex’s primary focus is on redefining technical challenges in a variety of disciplines, and he maintains research interests in both Flow and Mathematics.
- Alex loves music and spends most of his free time writing and performing pieces for piano. He has had pieces featured at the Musical Instruments Museum and has performed with several local musicians, earning the AriZoni Theatre Award in Original Music Composition. When he’s not at the piano, you’ll find him playing chess (latte in hand) or skating at the nearest Skateland.
- Melissa has lived in Arizona for over 25 years. She earned her undergraduate degrees in Economics and Spanish/Portuguese from the University of Arizona, driven by both her analytical mind and her love of language and culture.
- Melissa launched her career as an internal wholesaler for Vanguard working with wirehouse and regional broker dealer advisors in the central U.S. She truly enjoyed helping advisors navigate their investment decisions. Eventually, she transitioned to help launch and serve on a team working with some of the largest independent advisory firms across the country, where her passion grew beyond investments to the business needs of advisory practices.
- Outside of work, Melissa enjoys decorating her historic home, spending time outdoors, yoga and meditation. If you ever need creative ideas about how to make more eco-friendly choices, she will be happy to give you some! She and her husband share a love of travel, cooking, their dog Jasper, and exploring local shops and restaurants in Phoenix.
- Rebecca earned her BA in Economics and International Relations from the University of St Andrews in Scotland. She is currently a CFA Level III candidate, sitting the exam this June.
- She started her career as a consultant with FactSet in London working with 12 boutique asset management and wealth management firms to integrate data and analytics solutions. She progressed to the role of Senior Consultant before making the move to Arizona in 2019 to work with advisors on other components of their practice management.
- Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys hiking, swimming, and trying new recipes. She's enjoyed exploring the Phoenix area and is looking forward to visiting more of the nearby national parks.
- As the firm’s Executive Assistant, Rachael supports the team with client services, including organizing client meetings, assisting with the development of business proposals, marketing, and providing operational and organizational support.
- She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida. Rachael began her career as a high school English teacher before transitioning to an Executive Assistant role.
- Rachael enjoys playing soccer and loves a good brunch on the weekends. Snooze’s breakfast tacos are her top pick. She is new to the Phoenix area after spending the past few years in Michigan. Rachael is looking forward to exploring the west coast and hiking with her husband, James, and their golden retriever, Cooper.
- Our resident Comfort Consultant, Lola, has over four years experience analyzing which office furniture makes the cut by implementing her world-renowned nap tests. Lola earned her qualifications in the many days she spent training for her Certificate of Achievement in puppy education and human stress therapy.
- When Lola isn’t making sure our office lives up to the high standards our clients expect, you can find her causing mischief with her sister, Suri the Boston Terrier.
- Lola’s professional services are available for a flat fee of five peanut butter pretzels and 30 minutes of head scratches (she’s open to negotiation). When she’s in the office, you might be able to have a virtual introduction organized via FaceTime!