- John started Advisor Growth Strategies to do what he loves professionally - help business owners advance their financial advisory firms. His professional goal is to improve business management within the wealth management industry. Since the inception of Advisor Growth, John has worked with over 300 firms representing $400+ billion in investable assets. AGS has been trusted to help with some of the most important strategic decisions in the lifecycle of advisory including structuring new entities, optimizing business performance, and transaction advisory.
- In addition to working with clients, John spends his time collaborating with the industry’s brightest minds to advance the wealth management profession. He conceptualized and created aRIA (alliance for Registered Advisors), a think tank made up of seven of the most successful industry firms dedicated to improve the RIA industry through a culture of continuous learning and sharing. Learn more about aRIA at a conference or by reading an industry report.
- As a recognized thought leader, John has written dozens of research papers and whitepapers. John has contributed commentary to many financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, Barron’s, RIABiz, Financial-Planning, Think Advisor, CityWire and Financial Advisor. He is also invited regularly to speak at the major financial conferences in the industry including Barron’s, all major asset custodians, and FPA. John was recognized as one of the 25 Most Influential People in Wealth Management (the IA25). John has also been invited to speak about the future of the industry with various boards and industry organizations.
- On a personal note, traveling with his wife Julie and adding to his wine collection are a few of the ways in which he rejuvenates. John also loves watching his two sons play competitive soccer and enjoys round of golf (the boys are quickly catching up to his handicap)! John keeps an eye on various sports in town, especially Arizona State and frequently gives back to schools, church, and various local charities.
- Brandon leads client engagements, thought leadership, and research. He is tasked with bringing insight, creativity, and analytical know-how to collaborate with and help our clients reach new heights.
- Brandon enjoys writing about industry challenges and trends, especially all things millennial. He authors and leads the annual M&A research for "The RIA Deal Room." Brandon has contributed to major industry publishers such as Wealth Management, Barron's, Citywire, and ThinkAdvisor.
- Brandon resides in Phoenix and, thus, always roots for the Sun Devils. Brandon will always be a Californian at heart. He enjoys spending quality time with his wife, Kristi, and chasing his two young daughters and young son.
- A former New York Mets baseball player, Brandon never misses watching a game. He also enjoys water sports, traveling with his family, and a well-crafted microbrew.
- Alex uses his passion for data to help drive innovative solutions for clients. His background is in financial technology, and he strives to provide meaningful insights by applying and adjusting established models with a fresh perspective.
- He specialized in the study of collaboration, information management, and creativity at the School of Human Evolution and Social Change while completing his B.S. in Mathematics at Arizona State University. Alex’s primary focus is on redefining technical challenges in a variety of disciplines, and he maintains research interests in both Flow and Mathematics.
- Alex loves music and spends most of his free time writing and performing pieces for piano. He has had pieces featured at the Musical Instruments Museum and has performed with several local musicians, earning the AriZoni Theatre Award in Original Music Composition. When he’s not at the piano, you’ll find him playing chess (latte in hand) or skating at the nearest Skateland.
- Rebecca earned her BA in Economics and International Relations from the University of St Andrews in Scotland. She is currently a CFA Level III candidate, sitting the exam this June.
- She started her career as a consultant with FactSet in London working with 12 boutique asset management and wealth management firms to integrate data and analytics solutions. She progressed to the role of Senior Consultant before making the move to Arizona in 2019 to work with advisors on other components of their practice management.
- Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys hiking, swimming, and trying new recipes. She's enjoyed exploring the Phoenix area and is looking forward to visiting more of the nearby national parks.
- JP holds a B.S. in Finance from Utah State University's Huntsman School of Business. Prior to joining AGS, he worked for a consulting firm that specialized in helping public companies design and value their equity linked compensation instruments.
- JP is a self-proclaimed finance nerd who loves reading, watching, or talking about all things finance related. JP applies his passion for problem solving to help clients tackle their toughest challenges.
- JP loves to play golf as often as possible. He recently has taken up the hobby of making barbeque on his smoker which is quickly turning into a slight obsession. JP also enjoys playing tennis with his wife and taking their goldendoodle, Marty, on walks.
- As the firm’s Executive Assistant, Rachael supports the team with client services, including organizing client meetings, assisting with the development of business proposals, marketing, and providing operational and organizational support.
- She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida. Rachael began her career as a high school English teacher before transitioning to an Executive Assistant role.
- Rachael enjoys playing soccer and loves a good brunch on the weekends. Snooze’s breakfast tacos are her top pick. She recently relocated to Chicago with her husband, James, and their golden retriever, Cooper.
- Our resident Comfort Consultant, Lola, has over four years experience analyzing which office furniture makes the cut by implementing her world-renowned nap tests. Lola earned her qualifications in the many days she spent training for her Certificate of Achievement in puppy education and human stress therapy.
- When Lola isn’t making sure our office lives up to the high standards our clients expect, you can find her causing mischief with her sister, Suri the Boston Terrier.
- Lola’s professional services are available for a flat fee of five peanut butter pretzels and 30 minutes of head scratches (she’s open to negotiation). When she’s in the office, you might be able to have a virtual introduction organized via FaceTime!