John FureyManaging Partner
- John started Advisor Growth Strategies to do what he loves professionally - help business owners advance their financial advisory firms. His professional goal is to improve business management within the wealth management industry. Since the inception of Advisor Growth, John has worked with over 200 firms representing $250+ billon in investable assets. AGS has been trusted to help with some of the most important strategic decisions in the lifecycle of advisory including structuring new entities, optimizing business performance, and transaction advisory.
- In addition to working with clients, John spends his time collaborating with the industry’s brightest minds to advance the wealth management profession. He conceptualized and created aRIA (alliance for Registered Advisors), a think tank made up of seven of the most successful industry firms dedicated to improve the RIA industry through a culture of continuous learning and sharing. Learn more about aRIA at a conference or by reading an industry report.
- As a recognized thought leader, John has written dozens of research papers and whitepapers. John has contributed commentary to many financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, Barron’s, RIABiz, Financial-Planning, Think Advisor, CityWire and Financial Advisor. He is also invited regularly to speak at the major financial conferences in the industry including Barron’s, all major asset custodians, and FPA. John was recognized as one of the 25 Most Influential People in Wealth Management (the IA25). John has also been invited to speak about the future of the industry with various boards and industry organizations.
- On a personal note, traveling with his wife Julie and adding to his wine collection are a few of the ways in which he rejuvenates. John also loves watching his two sons play competitive soccer and enjoys round of golf (the boys are quickly catching up to his handicap)! John keeps an eye on various sports in town, especially Arizona State and frequently gives back to schools, church, and various local charities.
- Brandon is intimately involved with client engagements and thought leadership. He is tasked with bringing insight, creativity, and analytical know-how to collaborate with and help our clients reach new heights.
- Brandon enjoys writing about his industry learnings and identifying trends in the industry, especially all things millennial.
- Brandon resides in Phoenix and, thus, always roots for the Sun Devils. Brandon will always be a Californian at heart. He enjoys spending quality time with his wife, Kristi, and chasing his two young daughters and young son.
- A former New York Mets baseball player, Brandon never misses watching a game. He also enjoys water sports, traveling with his family, and a well-crafted microbrew.
- Alison develops much of the marketing material for Advisor Growth. She strives to deliver relevant and interesting content to AGS clients and colleagues.
- She worked at a broker/dealer for many years where she acquired an extensive industry knowledge, licenses and background in Risk Management, Compliance, Supervision and Controls.
- Alison can often be found painting abstract art, cooking and playing sports with her huband and kiddos.
- Olenka joined Advisor Growth Strategies to support the client engagement process and is tasked with adding a unique perspective to a variety of quantitative and qualitative projects.
- She has worked as a financial analyst, and as a sustainability specialist in different industries. Olenka prides herself on the client relationships she built and maintained in these roles.
- Olenka is a native Phoenician received her undergraduate degree in Business Sustainability from Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University. Her undergraduate career allowed her to study in New Zealand, which sparked her interest in the outdoors. On the weekends, Olenka can be found hiking, rock climbing and exploring new coffee shops and vintage markets. Her favorite trail to hike is Horton Creek in Payson, Arizona where they have a cool spring to escape the Phoenix heat.
- Alex uses his passion for data to help drive innovative solutions for clients. His background is in financial technology, and he strives to provide meaningful insights by applying and adjusting established models with a fresh perspective.
- He specialized in the study of collaboration, information management, and creativity at the School of Human Evolution and Social Change while completing his B.S. in Mathematics at Arizona State University. Alex’s primary focus is on redefining technical challenges in a variety of disciplines, and he maintains research interests in both Flow and Mathematics.
- Alex loves music and spends most of his free time writing and performing pieces for piano. He has had pieces featured at the Musical Instruments Museum and has performed with several local musicians, earning the AriZoni Theatre Award in Original Music Composition. When he’s not at the piano, you’ll find him playing chess (latte in hand) or skating at the nearest Skateland.
Rachael WhiteExecutive Assistant
- As the firm’s Executive Assistant, Rachael supports the team with client services, including organizing client meetings, assisting with the development of business proposals, marketing, and providing operational and organizational support.
- She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida. Rachael began her career as a high school English teacher before transitioning to an Executive Assistant role.
- Rachael enjoys playing soccer and loves a good brunch on the weekends. Snooze’s breakfast tacos are her top pick. She is new to the Phoenix area after spending the past few years in Michigan. Rachael is looking forward to exploring the west coast and hiking with her husband, James, and their golden retriever, Cooper.
- Our resident Comfort Consultant, Lola, has over four years experience analyzing which office furniture makes the cut by implementing her world-renowned nap tests. Lola earned her qualifications in the many days she spent training for her Certificate of Achievement in puppy education and human stress therapy.
- When Lola isn’t making sure our office lives up to the high standards our clients expect, you can find her causing mischief with her sister, Suri the Boston Terrier.
- Lola’s professional services are available for a flat fee of five peanut butter pretzels and 30 minutes of head scratches (she’s open to negotiation). When she’s in the office, you might be able to have a virtual introduction organized via FaceTime!