John FureyPrincipal & Founder
- John is doing what he loves - helping owners advance their financial advisory firms. His professional goal is to improve business management within privately held wealth management firms. Since the inception of Advisor Growth, John has worked with over 175 firms representing 200 billion dollars in assets under management. Notably, since 2016, he and the AGS team have successfully transitioned nine breakaway teams consisting of over $11 billion in AUM.
- In addition to working with clients, John spends his time collaborating with the brightest in the industry to improve services to financial advisors. He created, aRIA (alliance for Registered Advisors), a think tank made up of successful entrepreneurs whom collectively, are improving the RIA industry through a culture of continuous learning and sharing.
- As a recognized Thought Leader, John has written dozens of research papers and whitepapers for the industry. John has contributed commentary to many financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, Barron’s, RIABiz, Financial-Planning, Think Advisor, Plan Advisor and Financial Advisor. He is also invited regularly to speak at the major financial conferences in the industry, Barron’s, all major asset custodians, and FPA to name a few. John was recognized as one of the 25 Most Influential People in Wealth Management (the IA25). John has also been invited to speak with various boards and industry organizations about the future of the industry.
- On a personal note, traveling with his lovely wife Julie and adding to his wine collection are a few of the ways in which rejuvenates. John also loves watching his two sons play competitive soccer and enjoying a round of golf (whom are quickly catching up to his handicap)! John keeps an eye on various sports in town, especially ASU Athletics and is always willing to give back to schools, church, and various local charities.
- Brandon is intimately involved with client engagements and thought leadership. He is tasked with bringing insight, creativity, and analytical know-how to collaborate with and help our clients reach new heights.
- Brandon enjoys writing about his industry learnings and identifying trends in the industry, especially all things millennial.
- Brandon resides in Phoenix and, thus, always roots for the Sun Devils. Brandon will always be a Californian at heart. He enjoys spending quality time with his wife, Kristi, and chasing his two young daughters and young son.
- A former New York Mets baseball player, Brandon never misses watching a game. He also enjoys water sports, traveling with his family, and a well-crafted microbrew.
- Alison develops much of the marketing material for Advisor Growth. She strives to deliver relevant and interesting content to AGS clients and colleagues.
- She worked at a broker/dealer for many years where she acquired an extensive industry knowledge, licenses and background in Risk Management, Compliance, Supervision and Controls.
- Alison can often be found painting abstract art, cooking and playing sports with her huband and kiddos.
- Ted joined Advisor Growth to support the client engagement process and is tasked with adding a unique point of view to a variety of quantitative and qualitative projects.
- He has worked as a Management Consultant in multiple industries, and possesses a diverse skill set. Ted’s background includes work in the government and technology industries focusing on end-to-end process improvement.
- Ted is a graduate of The University of Denver. His career thus far has allowed him to live in Denver, Washington DC, and Chicago.
- Ted is an avid traveler but when he’s home he is our resident expert on all things going on in Phoenix from the best new restaurants to local concerts. His pick: Valley Bar.
Sophie DeskinOperations Analyst
- Sophie works with John and Brandon on business management, including marketing, organizing client engagements, planning client meetings, and providing general office support.
- Our resident collegiate, Sophie graduated from Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business where she majored in Finance.
- Sophie enjoys traveling, being with her friends and family, enjoying the outdoors, and all things Netflix. Sophie’s top picks right now are Ozark, Bloodline, and Chef’s Table.
- Olenka joined Advisor Growth Strategies to support the client engagement process and is tasked with adding a unique perspective to a variety of quantitative and qualitative projects.
- She has worked as a financial analyst, and as a sustainability specialist in different industries. Olenka prides herself on the client relationships she built and maintained in these roles.
- Olenka is a native Phoenician received her undergraduate degree in Business Sustainability from Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University. Her undergraduate career allowed her to study in New Zealand, which sparked her interest in the outdoors. On the weekends, Olenka can be found hiking, rock climbing and exploring new coffee shops and vintage markets. Her favorite trail to hike is Horton Creek in Payson, Arizona where they have a cool spring to escape the Phoenix heat.
- Our resident Comfort Consultant, Lola, has over four years experience analyzing which office furniture makes the cut in her world-renowned nap tests. Lola earned her qualifications in the many days she spent training for her Certificate of Achievement in puppy education and human stress therapy.
- When Lola isn’t making sure our office lives up to the high standards our clients expect, you can find her causing mischief with her sister, Siri the Boston Terrier. Lola’s professional services are available for a flat fee of five peanut butter pretzels and 30 minutes of head scratches (she’s open to negotiation).